If you’re an automotive mobility startup, secure your spot to exhibit June 9-11th at the 2020 Detroit Auto Show (aka the North American International Auto Show).
Yes, this is June, NOT January. The show has moved to the warmer months. Even hotter is the increased exposure for startups that will have booths on the main floor, alongside automotive OEMs and suppliers.
What you need to know
- Attend the 2020 Detroit Auto Show from June 9 (setup) through June 11 (teardown).
- The cost is $499 and there are only 50 startup spots available. Space is open on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for applications is April 30, 2020, or until all startup spots are confirmed and paid.
- All startup applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Once an application is approved, payment will need to be completed to secure the spot.
- Startup applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting March 2. Notifications will begin going out mid-March with payment due on receipt. Startups that fail to pay will vacate their spot to the next qualified startup.
Why I’m #LongDetroit and the Detroit Auto Show
As I wrote in a previous blog post, I’m #LongDetroit as the startup ecosystem continues to grow. I’m working closely with my friends (and Techstars mentors) Jake Sigal and Massimo Baldini. Together, we’re supporting PlanetM’s efforts to shape the future of mobility at the North American International Auto Show.
The move of the auto show to June is symbolic.
It’s a sign of the changing automotive industry and a sign of a changing Detroit.
Detroit is a magical place with tons of amazing things going on. Having the show in the summer will highlight all of the significant changes going on in Detroit. While you can certainly see them in the winter, it is much easier to experience them in the warm outdoors.
The last five years have shown the importance of Detroit in the future of mobility.
Silicon Valley did NOT beat Detroit. Detroit did NOT beat Silicon Valley.
Future Mobility = (manufactured steel) Detroit + Silicon Valley (serviced software)
That’s always been my perspective. We go further when we’re together.
What Startups Can Expect
The North American International Auto Show (aka the Detroit Auto Show) is one of the most prestigious auto shows in the world hosted in downtown Detroit. AutoMobili-D is the tech startup innovation part of the show. Last year, AutoMobili-D featured more than 180 startups, companies, and organizations, 5,101 journalists from 61 countries, and over 40,000 industry attendees.
New this year: all startups part of AutoMobili-D will be on the main show floor with access to all the OEMs and suppliers showing off their latest cars and tech.
For $499, your startup gets three days of booth space at the Detroit Auto Show with plug and play booths for easy setup. You also get access to the main show floor with all the OEMs and suppliers.
You also get access to:
- Kickoff Networking Event (June 9): Expand your network to include those leading the future of mobility.
- PlanetM Startup Pitch Competition (June 10): Pitch your startup in front of investors and industry professionals. Applicants must be an exhibitor to apply.
- PlanetM Mobility Awards (June 10): Gain recognition for your innovative mobility-focused platforms and technology. Applicants must be an exhibitor to apply.
- Startup Exhibit Space (June 10-11): Highlight your latest technology innovations in the AutoMobili-D Powered by PlanetM exhibit area, featuring more than 200 mobility and startup companies.
- Match Meetings (June 11): Connect with corporate OEM, suppliers, and investors through one-on-one match meetings curated and facilitated by PlanetM.