Hello 👋 and thanks for stopping by. This is where I hang out online and share insights and lessons I’ve learned (and some pictures 🖼️ too, scroll down).
Because of you 🤟.
I enjoy helping people be great. And I enjoy helping people build great things—whether a startup business, a technical product, themselves as leaders, or even building a family! And double bonus if you’re in the mobility industry or passionate about Detroit.
On this blog I share insights and thoughts from connecting the dots, identifying patterns, and breaking down the complex. My goal is to share knowledge that can be put to good use.
My insights and lessons learned come from a variety of work and life experiences including:
- Investing in over 57 startups from 11 different countries
- Raising 4 kids under the age of 5 who mostly resemble these emoji: 🦖🦈🦄🐳
- Discovering a new hobby of modifying PowerWheels to go waaaay faster
- Founding and running the longest running mobility startup accelerator program in the world (5 years!)
- Relocating from San Francisco to Detroit
- Helping to catalyze the Detroit startup community
- Being a CTO and co-founder of a successful startup
- Developing open source software for over a decade
- Designing my own computer engineering and entrepreneurship degree at Cornell University
- Becoming a 3rd Degree member of the Knights of Columbus
- Earning the Silver-Palmed Eagle Scout distinction
- Growing up as the oldest of 4 kids in a military family
- Working on and club racing my BMW M3
- Reviewing 100s of wines on Twitter
- Overcoming my own health issues around burnout, anxiety, and depression
If there’s a topic you’d like me to cover, send me a note. I’d be delighted to hear from you!